Monday, July 26, 2010

INNER ROOM

Matthew 6:6 NAS
But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will repay you.

There are times when you think you are the only one that does that quirky thing a certain way. You are not alone. I was at a writer's workshop and heard a speaker say she does a lot of praying in her shower. And there is a lot of times where her best writing ideas materialize. I thought I was the only one that did that!

About fifteen years ago I was so bogged down at work and at home. I felt like I hadn't given God any time in prayer, it was quick time prayer. More like I need to pray, so just a couple of lines will do for now, prayer.

Then one morning when I stepped into the shower, I just started praying. It was alone time between God and me. I put a handfull of shampoo in my hair and started lathering up. The more I worked my fingers into my hair the more I prayed. I dabbed a small amount of conditioner on the palm of my hand and ran it through my hair. By the time I finished with my shower my hair had been washed along with other parts, but the best feeling I had was a feeling of peace.

God has said to go into your inner most room and pray. Pray without ceasing. You are giving Him your full attention, no television,phone, ipod, or radio for back ground effect. Quiet, one on one with the Father.

Sometimes my shower time lasts longer than it should, but like the speaker, after my prayer time I'm inspired by His silent urging. Something more to write about. Another phrase or single word to elaborate on.

Dear Lord I thank you for my quiet time with you. I pray that others will think of where they can have their quiet time with You too. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment