Friday, August 6, 2010

TRIBULATION

Romans 2:20-24 ESV
An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of children, having in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth--you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you preach against stealing, do you steal? You who say that one must not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law. For, as it is written, "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

I've been visitng with old friends, an ancestry hunt, and supporting my daughter who's going through a divorce. It breaks my heart for this to happen but what hurts much more is what is going on behind the scenes.

My grandchildren are the ones that are suffering, as of which most children suffer when the parents go through a divorce. I do not wish any ill will towards my son-in-law, and know full well that the Lord will handle everything. I trust in Him.

What does hurt is the untruth he is saying, not only against the children's mother but, in one hand he carrries the Bible then on the other hand he is doing what he says his wife is doing. You cannot say that one is committing adultery and yet do it yourself. As Romans says you cannot preach against stealing and yet you are doing it. Your children see and hear everything, and more than what you think.

This has hit close to home but from what I've seen everyday in the newspaper, television, and radio it is happening more often than not. As an adult we are to set the example for our children, not teach them to lie, cheat, steal, or commit adultery.

I do pray this ordeal will end soon and each parent will go on with their separate lives, but agree on the raising of the children together for their sake.

Dear Heavenly Father I pray for each to have strength throughout this tribulation and be able to eventually be friends for the children's sake. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment