Saturday, July 24, 2010

HEALTH

Jeremiah 30:17 NAS
For I will restore you to health and I will heal you of your wounds, declares the Lord.

It's been a long haul but my sister-in-law lost her battle with cancer this past week. She has had many health problems through out her life but about fifteen years ago she started the battle of her life.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer, went through the chemo and radiation like so many other women. Right after she went through her ordeal, her husband was diagnosed with colon cancer. She was at his side through out his battle, his treatment, and then his ultimate death seven years ago, at the age of fifty three.

No sooner had she laid him to rest when she was diagnosed with the breast cancer again. Another round of chemo and radiation and the doctor said the cancer was in remission for the second time.

Just one month ago she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The family started making their plans to be at her bedside. She was gone before I could say my good bye.

At her funeral I heard so many people praise her ability to face death with grace, and to put everyone else at ease throughout it all. She was able to laugh at herself even during the pain and suffering.

God did not say our life here on earth is going to be easy. Our rewards are in heaven with Him. It's how we live our life during our hardships that allows others to see God's grace through us.

Dear Heavenly Father I praise You for Your love and for always being there for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment