Friday, July 23, 2010

LOVE

Proverbs 10:12 NAS
Hatred stirs up strife. But love covers all transgressions.

I was cleaning out a stack of old business cards and ran across some cards I purchased at a Christian book store. You know the ones I'm talking about, the kind you hand out in passing, that have a verse on it, or says Happy Birthday, etc. One caught my attention, Love wasn't put in your heart to stay--love isn't love---till you give it away.

Every day someone says. "I love that dress." Or "Don't you just love it?" We tend to throw the word love around like it was everyday slang. Love has a deeper meaning.

Love that has withered the storm of a long marriage, love for your children, love for your parents, love for your neighbor, and most of all love for God. God loved us so much that He gave us His all. His only son died on the cross for our sins. How much more are we willing to give?

In Luke 6:27 it says to love your enemies, do good to those who hate you. James 2:8 says you shall love your neighbor as yourself. Ecclesiastes 3:8 says there is a time to love and a time to hate.

Like the poem says love is nothing until you give it away. Love bottled up drowns inside you. When someone wrongs you pray for that person instead of wishing something bad on them. When you let go of anger and hurt you benefit. You are set free. That other person may never know you prayed for them but our all knowing God knows. He knows what is in your heart.

Dear God thank you for loving me and giving me the ability to love others through my prayers to You. Thank you for setting me free. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment