Thursday, July 1, 2010

Believe

Matthew 21:22 NAS
"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive."

Believe.....this is a hard one. I believe and I have faith, but do I have enough faith to believe in what I ask for will be given?

This morning as I was mulling over what I wanted to write about, or what God wanted me to write about the word 'believe' kept coming to mind. I believe in myself, that I can do anything I set my mind to. I believe if I touch a hot stove I'm going to get burnt. I believe that if I keep writing I will become proficient in making my sentences speak with meaning and put the punctuation marks in the right places.

Many years ago when I was going through a rough time my prayers to God were if you do this for me, and I believed it would happen, then I would do that for You. I couldn't understand why my prayers weren't answered. I believed and I had faith.

As I grew in my knowledge of the Lord I understood why He didn't answer my prayers the way I wanted Him to. Like an earthly father our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us. We have to believe in His wisdom and His timing for our prayers to be answered, and in His way. How much better are His ways than ours.

Like a spoiled child I wanted things my way, and I wanted them then, not later. Now in my later years God has blessed me more than a hundred times over. Something I would never have seen years ago.

Heavenly Father please be patient with me when I pray for things. I believe they will be answered but they will be answered according to Your will and not mine. Thank you for the many blessings You have given me and my family. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment