Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Genealogy

Hebrews 7:3 NAS
Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he abides a priest perpetually.

Last night I went to a genealogy group that just formed at our library. I wanted to see what they were doing, if it was a beginners group, and to see if some of my old friends would be there. Since genealogy is my passion I wanted to know if someone else found a better web site or a new way to find that elusive relative.

Well I did make new friends and it was sort of a beginners group. Some people had been tracing their lineage for quite a few years and some were beginners. The ones that had been at it for awhile told of how they got to that point. One gentleman said he had his DNA tested but he wasn't sure if it's helped him or not. He was still having trouble figuring out the markers, etc. I told him I had my DNA tested also, and I too, was confused on where I was in the big picture.

It's exciting when you find that relative you've been searching for. You want to shout it out to everyone. I've caught myself sitting at the computer throwing my hands in the air and shouting "I found him!"

Think of how much more God is excited when another child of His has accepted His grace and life everlasting. That thought is beyond my wildest dreams. I cannot grasp His jubilant reaction, His angels singing, or even the brightest sunlight shinning down on His children.

Gracious Heavenly Father thank you for the love You've given me just for being Your child. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment