Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Time For Others

Proverbs 27:1
Do not boast about tomorrow. For you do not know what a day may bring.

Today started pretty early, or maybe I wanted it to start early and I over slept a wee bit. It put me behind a little. I showered and ran out of the house to keep my schedule on time. Stop by the church, go pick up the new arm rests for my car, and that's where I got bogged down.

What should have been maybe a twenty minute appointment turned out to be over an hour. Several times I thought about leaving but I really wanted to keep the conversation going. I was on a mission to find out interesting facts about a small town so I kept asking questions.

I finally left and went on to my next stop and then the next. It was looking good, I was on the downward side. I will be able to get home and get some of my writing done. Then when I pulled up to the window to place my order I thought I'd better call my daughter and tell her I was dropping the brownies off for my grandson. She asked where I was and then asked me to get her some tea too.

It was looking good, I only had to drop off the tea and brownies, and I was homeward bound. I ran into the house with the goodies and the kids tackled me. Hugs and kisses all around. With my keys in hand I said, "I really have to get home. I have lots to get done."

"Just one more thing Mom. I want to show you something."

What was going to be maybe a ten minutes stop turned out to be a half hour. I bid my goodbyes and hopped in the car breathing a sigh. I have frozen things in the back I do hope they're not thawed out.

As I drove home it hit me. I shouldn't have taken so long each place I stopped to chat, then again, I would never get that time back. I gave and received hugs and kisses from my grandchildren. Will I have tomorrow to do it again? If I don't have tomorrow will my grandchildren think of today as a special day with Mema?

Did I make a difference today with everyone I met and talked to?

Dear Lord I pray I made a difference in someone's life today. I pray that I took the time to say good morning to someone that was feeling lonely or blue, that I put a smile on their face. I pray these things in Your Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment