Monday, June 28, 2010

PAIN

Lamentations 1:12 NAS
"Is" it nothing to all you who pass this way? Look and see if there is any pain like my pain which was severely dealt out to me. Which the Lord inflicted on the day of His fierce anger.

Television ads display Tylenol, aspirin, and all the other pain remedies almost every fifteen minutes on some channel you are watching. For arthritis sufferers, migranes, and just about any other ailment there is the old saying. "Take this pill and call me in the morning if the pain hasn't gone away."

I remember sitting next to my mother and watching the tears roll down her cheeks. When I asked her if she was alright, her reply was. "Oh honey the pain is so bad it hurts to move." She had osteoarthritis. Her once long, beautiful, fingers were now crippled to the point she could no longer wear her rings. Her toes were bent so much she couldn't wear shoes, but padded along in her houseslippers everywhere.

Since reaching my sixty fifth birthday I too have suffered from arthritis along with my brother, who has had it since he turned fifty. Each morning when I arise I have to do stretching exercises to get my body going. Like so many other sufferers I too take pain medications. I hobble now when I walk unlike the spry gait I once had in my twenties.

When I start to complain about my pain I've had to stop myself. My Jesus suffered much more pain on the cross than I could have ever endured. He did it for me and for you. He took my sin on His shoulders so I could spend eternity with Him. By God's Grace I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Merciful Father I thank You for Your son Jesus who died for my sins. Forgive me for complaining for my small aches and pains, they are nothing of His pain He suffered for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment