Friday, June 11, 2010

Mirror Image

Eph 5:1 NAS
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.

This morning as I was brushing my hair my mind wandered, as it usually does, to what I needed to get done today. Top of the list was to look for dead ancestors, one of my passions. I guess you could say that is my passion. Wanting to know more about who they were, what they did, where did they come from, and how much or how many of their traits did I get from them.

I can be dusting or vacuuming the house and stop short. I realize my mother used to do this the same way. When I look in the mirror I see her reflection looking back at me. But where did I get the wanderlust, if you will, feeling where I want to see what's over the next hill? How did my ancestors treat other people? Were they a mirror image of Christ?

I've traced my great great grandfather and his family through the censes from to New York to Oregon. Then when I check church records, when they are available, I can't find him. Another question pops up. Did they go to church, did they visit the traveling preacher once a month, or did they even own a Bible? If they owned a Bible who read it? Were they a mirror image of Christ?

These are only a few of my questions but my biggest question is still to myself. Am I a mirror image of Christ?

Lord I pray for Your guidance each day that I may be living for You so others may see You through me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment