Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Beauty Around Us

Ps 27:4 NAS
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to meditate in His temple.

I was thrilled to have a covered patio with our new house. Immediately I hung plants from the overhang. One morning I saw a bird fly away from the hanging fern. I got a stool and peered down inside and saw a birds nest with one small egg. After that I was careful how I watered it. The next time I checked it the egg was gone and so was the bird.

This morning I saw a bird fly to the same plant and sit there. I watched as she made her way to the side of the planter and poked her head into the fern. As I watched I could see two little heads being feed by their mother. The mother flew off shortly after filling their little mouths. One of God's many wonders and beauty.

Growing up I was blessed to be able to travel from coast to coast. From the magnificiant Grand Tetons to the clear sparkling beaches of the Gulf Coast. From Bar Harbor to the cliffs along the great Pacific Northwest. God's beauty is everwhere.

This morning in my short trip to the market I couldn't help but to notice crepe myrtles everywhere. Splended,crisp,white, passionate pink, radiant lilac, and earthy deep red blooms dotted the yards. Gods handprint in our daily lives.

We get up in the morning and rush to leave the house to get to work on time. We are behind closed doors for at least eight hours every day then we rush home after work. By then it's time to get the children feed, off to baseball, dancing, etc., and then home again to get ready for bed. Did we stop long enough to drink in the beauty God has set before us each day?

Dear Lord guide me to stop each day long enough to take in the beauty You've given me to enjoy. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment