Monday, June 14, 2010

Proverbs 3:3 NAS
Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck. Write them on the tablet of your heart.

As a writer I have the ability to write what I think, feel, and what I want you to hear. As the saying goes, "The pen is mighter than the sword."

Words said in haste can harm, tear down a person's self esteem, separate good friends, and sometimes ruin marriages. Words written on paper, facebook, the internet, or in newspapers are there forever. They can be retracted but the harm has already been done. What has been set in the mind is hard to dislodge.

As a Christian writer I have the responsibility to write the truth as God would want me to write it. The truth that comes from the heart, not to hurt, but to show God's love. As in 2 Timothy 2:15 to avoid worldy and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness.

Gracious Heavenly Father lead and guide me when I sit down to write. May my words be pleasing to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment