Thursday, June 24, 2010

Christians

Acts 26;28 NAS
And Agrippa replied to Paul, "In a short time you will persuade me to become a Christian."

This morning my daughter and I went to the pool for our daily excerise and to talk about our daily life. A few minutes without the constant crying, yelling,fighting, and tugging on Mommy from her little ones.

She asked me if I was going to go to the pool with them this afternoon. I told her I had quite a few things I had to get done but if I got them done in time I'd meet them there.

Last night she tried to explain to her seven year old son, who swims like a fish, that he would have to take the swimming test again for the big pool. That he had to take it every year and then he would get his bracelet saying he could swim without his Mommy. He replied. "Mom why do I always have to take the swimming test? I can swim. They're not fair. They're Christians."

She tried to surpress a laugh and asked him. "Why do you say that?"

"Mom they're Christians. You know like next door."

"Son, they're Mormans."

This comment comes from a young man who has seen his neighbors do things that in his young mind are not what you do if you are a Christian. He felt the lifeguards were against him at the big pool therefore, they must be Christians.

How many times have we seen professed Christians do unchristian things? It doesn't make any difference if they are Morman, Methodist, Baptist, Luthern, Catholic, etc. I've heard my daughter say if that's the way they act then I'm glad I don't go to church. We, as Christians, have an obligation to live a Christian life, not only to our Lord, but for others. This means that we must live every day for Christ. Then maybe more people will come to know Christ and become Christians.

Our Heavenly Father I pray for each person that they live their life as a reflection of You. Guide us oh Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment