Thursday, October 28, 2010

MY GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD

Psalm 89:5 NAS
And the heavens will praise Thy wonders, O Lord; Thy faithfullness also in the assembly of the holy ones.

Our daughter called late last night to let us know the judge wrapped up the divorce and custody case. No more witnesses only lawyers summations and filings. Now for the judge to go over everything and give his ruling next month. This has been a nerve racking, gut retching, nail biting, and fearful year and a half. Before our daughter said good bye she said. "Mom thank you for prayers, and thank your friends too."

Our daughter and grandchildren have been on every prayer list I could think of to put it on. She has not fully committed to giving her life over to our Lord and Savior yet. But one praise at a time.

Throughout this year my husband and I have pointed out all the good things God has brought her way, even though there have been a few not so good things. She has two beautiful, smart, talented, and healthy children. Through her guidance and perseverance they are grounded. She has a steady job and friends she can count on when things get rough. she has parents who love and care for them.

It reminds me of a time in my life when everything was going wrong for me and I thought that no one cared. My greatest hope was in Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." I read and re-read this passage many times and I found peace and hope in it.

My trials have long passed but when I look back I couldn't figure out why God was telling me this. Now I know. I had to go through fire before I could fully understand God's mercy, grace, and love. My small Christian Worker's Bible went with me everywhere and I opened it many times to the verses He gave me. Verses to give me strength and guidance. His words.

I learned from Psalm 118:8 that it is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. I continue to do just that. He is my shelter in the storm, my guide in blinding rain, my comforter in distress, and my counselor in all things. He is my God. He can be your God too. All you have to do is confess your sins and invite Him into your heart.

Dear Heavenly Father please forgive me when I let you down and forever live within me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment