Tuesday, October 5, 2010

HEART

Psalm 44:21 NAS
Would not God find this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart.

We are made up of bones, muscles,nerves, and blood flows through our veins that pumps our heart to keep us alive. A fine oiled machine created by God. When one or more organs have a problem we go to the doctor and expect him to fix it. Like our car we ask a mechanic, our appliances we call the repair man, plumbing we call the plumber. Well, you get the picture.

My brother had heart bypass surgery this week. His wife called and said he came through with flying colors. I praise the Lord for giving him more time with his family.

I was able to spend time with him and his wife only a month ago while I was in Washington. He showed me his garden, his worm farm, how he was drying garlic in his garage along with his onions, and he even showed me his bee hives. From head of a bomb squad in the Sheriff's Department to a gardner. Retirement has brought out a side of my brother I never knew.

The heart is also the major part of our family. It needs to be healthy or there can be serious problems. A loving mother and father that lead the family to the Lord by regular church attendance. To unselfishly serve others, show a deep respect for God, and have a personal relationship with Him. Jeremiah 17:9 tells us "The heart is more deceitful than anything else."

Have you checked your heart today? Why not get down on your knees and ask Jesus to take control of your life and heart.

Gracious Lord thank you for taking care of my brother and keeping him in Your loving hands. I pray that each of us take a better look at our hearts, both with a doctors visit, and asking You to reside within us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment