Wednesday, October 13, 2010

MAPS

Jeremiah 31:21 NAS
Set up for yourself road marks, place for yourself guideposts; direct your mind to the highway, the way by which you went. Return, O virgin of Israel, return to these your cities.

Oh how I long for a map when I go traveling. My husband bought me a GPS and I have yet to use it. With a map I can spread it out before me, see all the little roads, major highways, and make my own choices. I may want to take the direct route, to get there quicker, that is depending on traffic. Or I may want to take a side road and look at all God has placed in my path to marvel at, the trees, old houses, barns, or maybe even an old broken bridge to no where. Hopefully that broken bridge isn't in my direct trail.

If you stop to think about it our life is much like a map. The path we choose to follow may take us way out of the way. It may take months or it could be years. Our Heavenly Father gives us the freedom to make our decision.

When we decide to take the long way around, through precarious deep valleys and treacherous high mountains, our Father is waiting for us to call out to Him. In our despair we fall on our knees and call out for help. He is there and ready. "Here I am. Take my hand and follow me."

Dear Lord I pray you are always there to give me direction in all I do and say. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment