Wednesday, December 1, 2010

THANKSGIVING

Psalm 26:7 NAS
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and declare all thy wonders.

Our forefathers gathered together to give thanks to God for surving their first year in America. They suffered cold, harsh storms, sickness, Indian attacks, and little food to fill their stomachs. They quickly built houses to shield themselves from the elements and planted what little seeds they had brought with them. Seeds that had not mildewed or been eaten by rodents aboard ship. Yet after their first year they proclaimed their thanksgiving to the Lord for taking care of them.

I'm reminded every day that my Lord is a great God. Psalm 95:2 says it well. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving. Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalm.

I cannot thank my Savior enough for all He has done in my life. He brought me out of the depths of dispair when I thought I had no where to turn. He held me in His hands and kept me safe when all around me my life was crumbling. He has given me a wonderful husband, beautiful children, good health, a long life, money to meet my needs, and an abundance of friends. My God is a great King above all gods.

Reading the book of Psalm brings me great joy because it is a book of song and praise. I especially like Psalm 100:4 because it says what I feel about my God. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name. I cannot praise Him enough.

Gracious Father thank you for all You've done for me and what You do every day. Thank you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment