Friday, December 3, 2010

WHERE IS JESUS

Matthew 2:11 NAS
And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasurers they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh.

When my two little granddaughters come over for a visit they like to pull out the pop up picture book on Jesus's birth. I point to the manger and tell them that's baby Jesus. I really didn't know if they comprehended what I was trying to tell them until my three year old granddaughter surprised me one one day.

I had been out shopping and my daughter called to ask if I'd pick up something for her. I told her I would and when I dropped it off at her house my granddaughter greeted me at the door. Mommy came to the door and took the package from me and as we stood talking my granddaughter asked. "Where's Jesus?"

My daughter asked her what she said. I told her she was asking where was Jesus. My daughter looked puzzled until I explained to her about the book the girls liked to look at when they came to my house. I turned to my granddaughter and told her Jesus is in my heart just like he's in hers. Her reply was "No He's not."

It was easy to explain to my granddaughter, like it is for so many other people that don't know Jesus as their Savior. I told her again Jesus loves me and lives in my heart. Her mommy told her the same thing. When I left she was still looking a bit puzzled, but hopefully if I keep telling her that she will come to know Jesus for herself.

Her parents have so much going on in their lives, they very rarely go to church, much less take the children to Sunday school. Sunday school simply tells the story of Christ's birth, death, and resurrection. Young and old alike can marvel how God's Son was conceived, lived, died, was buried, and rose again. Christ rose again to give us hope of life everlasting. And how easy it is to have that eternal life with Him. All He asks of us is to confess our sins and ask Him to dwell within us.

Heavenly Father that you for Your son Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment