Tuesday, December 7, 2010

SATAN TAKE A HIKE

Matthew 16:23 NAS

Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's.

These words are embedded in my mind, especially when I go out shopping. Mind you I love to shop just like any other woman. The bargains, oh my. I can save so much. But when I get home and realize how much money I did spend, I'm remorseful. How am I going to explain those good bargains to my husband?

I'm not alone in this. Every day each one of us is tempted by Satan in one way or another. Whether it's shopping, eating, or doing something that goes beyond our nature. Satan is always there to entice us. "Go ahead, you deserve it, or who's going to know."

Satan tempted Christ in Luke chapter four. Satan told Jesus that all the domain and been handed over to him to do with as he pleased. He painted a beautiful picture for Christ, telling Him if He would hand over all His glory to him, and follow him, all the domain would be His. Satan always has an answer for everything. He can be very convincing. Jesus answered Satan and said. "It is written, You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only."

It has been a hard bumpy ride, and I'm still learning, but I think I've finally getting the hang of it. When I am out shopping and hear satan rearing his ugly head I simply tell him. "Satan take a hike. I'll let God guide me. Not you."

With God's help I will continue to seek God's guidance especially when I feel satan trying to sway me.

Gracious Heavenly Father I ask for Your guidance everyday in all I do and say. May You keep satan far from me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment