Friday, December 3, 2010

GIFTS

Luke 6:38 NAS
Give and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, they will pour into your lap. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.

The holiday season is upon us once again. It seems like it comes earlier and earlier each year. We run about buying gifts for everyone we know. No matter how small the gift, it is a gift from the heart. Or is it? Are we buying that gift because we know they will be giving us something and we need to reciprocate? Far too many times we do this begrudgingly, not from our heart.

Sometimes I will look at our check book and wonder where or how I'm going to make a payment, or even go to the grocery store. But God always provides.

My dilemma has occurred because I've gone and done it again and spent more money than I'd anticipated when I helped someone out. I help them out because I want to. When I reflect on my life I'm reminded of how my God has given me more than I could ever imagine having in my lifetime. If He's done this for me He can do it everyone. Then if I have, then I need to share. Remember you cannot out give God!

Dear Heavenly Father thank you for all you have given me. Guide me to give to others that are less fortunate. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment