Thursday, September 9, 2010

DIETS

Matthew 6:25 NAS
I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing?

Like so many others I have struggled all my life with keeping my weight under control. Sometimes I win but most of the time my weight gains the upper hand.

We like to savor our food. Restaurants give us more than we can eat or that our bodies need at each sitting. Many people will go to the restaurant, place their order and then ask for a to go box along with their order. This way when the food arrives they immediately take half, place it in the box, and take it home, only eating what is left on their plate.

Husbands and wives will go to a restaurant and order one meal and an extra plate. My husband and I do this occasionally, but should do it more often. Sometimes when I go to a restaurant I'm so hungry and my eyes are bigger than my stomach, so I will order, and then try to eat it all. Then I'm sick for the rest of the evening. You get what I'm talking about.

Then there is the exercise. Yes the exercise. Commercials draw us in on the newest gadgets and how they will help you loose weight by using their machine only a few minutes a couple of days a week. We guarantee it! Have you heard that before?

In 1 Corinthians 6:20 it says "Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."

My body is not mine but a temple for my Lord. God has given me free will to choose for myself. How I use that free will depends on how far I stray from God's word and talking to Him in my quiet time.

I've taken stock of my life, how I've let my eating habits go by the wayside, and not exercising the way I should. It's time to take control and get back on course again.

Dear Heavenly Father forgive me for being lazy and letting Your temple go adrift. I pray for Your guidance to get it back on track again. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment