Wednesday, September 22, 2010

DICIPLINE

Hebrews 12:6 NAC
For those whom the Lord loves he disciplines, and He scourges every one whom He receives.

I've been trying, but not trying hard enough, to discipline myself into getting up earlier each morning so I can have quiet time. Then get to the gym to exercise. And that is not going very good.

Going on a diet is even a bigger challenge of discipline in my life. Without thinking I'll go to the refrigerator and grab something to tide me over, not thinking about what I put in my mouth. Purging my cupboards is low on my to do list. I tell myself just because I'm on a diet why punish my husband, who by the way, says he could go on a diet also.

In the end, I have to say I do not live a disciplined life! It's a bold, eye opening, gut wrenching, statement, but it's the truth.

Sometimes I spend more money than I should and then I feel bad about it. I should have been more diciplined with our money. Thinking before doing is going to be my new motto.

God wants us to think before we do. Our lives get so cluttered with things, laziness, too much to eat, and you get the picture. We have too many toys, too many trinkets. I speak for myself on the toys and trinkets. My life is overflowing with so many things when there are people out there that could use my time, money, and the overflow of things.

Proverbs 5:23 (NIV) says "He will die for lack of discipline, led astray by his own great folly." The NAS version says "He will die for lack of instruction, and in the greatness of his folly he will go astray."

Both versions say basically the same thing. If you do not discipline your life you will surely pay. One way or the other you will pay.

Our Lord wants me to reign with Him throughout all eternity and I know I must get my priorities straight by being more disciplined.

Dear Father I pray for Your guidance. Help me get my priorities right and take better control of my life. To live my life for You Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment