Thursday, September 16, 2010

MY BELOVED

Song Of Solomon 4:1 NAS
"How beautiful you are, my darling, how beautiful you are! Your eyes are like doves behind your veil: your hair is like a flock of goats that have descended from Mount Gilead."

Last weekend I was privileged to be at my granddaughter's wedding. What a lovely sight as she walked down the aisle, weeping, as did I. Tears of joy. Her gold tiara held her strawberry blond hair in place. Baby blue eyes glistened as she approached her beloved. Full red lips ready to say the words "I do."

The groom's mother, a pastor herself, between tears of joy and long pauses, pronounced them man and wife amid sounds of amens and clapping. What a joyous celebration. His father was his best man. A family tied together through the love of Jesus Christ our Savior. I knew my granddaughter would have guidance to walk with the Lord.

As I watched throughout the ceremony it brought to mind how Solomon felt towards his bride. His expressive words of love to a beautiful girl from the country. The Song of Songs is a poetic record of Solomon's actual romance with a Shulammite woman. It traces his falling in love, united in love, struggling in love, and then growing in love.

The Song Of Somomon pictures Israel as God's bride and the Church as the bride of Christ. As human life finds its fulfillment in the love of man and woman, so does spiritual life finds its highest fulfillment in the love of God for His people.

Gracious Heavenly Father I pray You keep my grandchildren in Your hands and that they always look to You for guidance in all things. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment