Friday, September 17, 2010

IN THE BEGINNING

Genesis 1:1 NAS
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

As a writer I write a story or an article with a beginning, middle, and an ending. So too are our lives.

We are born, we live our busy lives getting married, having children, raising children, living our golden years, and then we pass away. I've often wondered would anyone know I even existed? Did I make a difference? Did anyone really care that I lived?

Besides my children, other wise they wouldn't be here, God cares. In the beginning He created man to enjoy fellowship with him.

Job 8:7 (NAS) says Though your beginning was insignificant, yet your end will increase greatly. Job was blameless, upright, fearing God and turned away from evil. Through his many trials and difficulties his love and faith for our Lord never wavered. In the end God rewarded him greatly.

Proverbs 8: 22-23 (NAS) says The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way, before His works of old. From everlasting I was established, from the beginning from the earliest times of the earth. God knew all about me before I was born. He knew my name, who I was, and He loved me. The many times I strayed from His word, the not so good things I did in my life, but still He loved me. He loves me.

God created a perfect world for not so perfect people. He gave us free will so we can choose to walk with Him or to walk with the world.

He has always been with me even when I didn't feel His presence. I was the one that had strayed and was trying to find my way back. I'm been brought to my knees a few times because I thought I could handle my life without Him. Without God I am nothing and can do nothing, but with God I can do all things.

Dear Father in Heaven I thank You for knowing me before I was born and that You are with me at all times. I praise Your Hold Name for who You are and what You do in my life and my loved ones lives. I am blessed. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment