Wednesday, August 25, 2010

DREAMS

Joel 2:28 NAS
And it will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions.

I've put off going to bed a few times, afraid my frightening dreams from the night before would revisit me. Everyone of us has had those dreams that felt so real, that haunted you all day, sometimes for days. You wondered if it was a premonition of something to come and you tried to shove it deep into the recesses of your mind.

In Matthrew 2:12 God warned the wise men in a dream not to return to Herod so they departed for their own country by another way.

Matthew 2:13 God also warned Joseph to take the Child and His mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you: for "Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him."

Psalms 73:20 says Like a dream when one awakes, O Lord, when aroused, Thou wilt despire their form.

The Bible speaks of men, Godly men and ungodly men, who had dreams. Dreams they couldn't decipher, didn't know their true meaning. There were a few times that men led by God deciphered dreams for kings.

I'd like to think my dreams are not premonitions, but because of the stress of the day, maybe a book I'd just read, or even something I saw on television just before I went to bed made their way into my dreams.

I do not ever remember any of my dreams coming true. At least, any of the dreams I could remember upon waking the next morning. Books have been written about dreams in general, presenting their interpretations.

If my dreams are a message from God I will know it in my heart. Our Lord speaks to each one of us in many ways, through the Bible, our quiet time, and to our heart.

Dear Father in Heaven thank you for each time You have spoken to me in my quiet time. I pray for Your guidance every day in all I do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment