Wednesday, August 25, 2010

PRUNING

Matthew 3:10 NAS
And the axe is already laid at the root of the trees; every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Before I took leave and went out of state for a month I made a mental note to get the bushes in front of my house pruned. After three weeks of crisscrossing Washington state and then returning home, the bushes under the front window had grown half way up the window, and the bushes on the end were sticking out every which way. I could not contain myself any longer so out came the pruning sheers.

I went to work first taking off the longer stems then working my way down to a reasonable size. Each time I thought I had the right length I'd step back and look at my masterpiece. A little more here and a little more there. As I worked away I thought about the busyness in my life that needed to be pruned.

Looking deeper into my daily activities I could see where I could let go of some of the little things that were taking more time than need be. Where was God in my daily life? I was busy doing and giving God a smaller and smaller amount of my time every day. God wants to have time with us. To be in His word and to talk to Him daily. I needed God to prune my life, to let me know I didn't need all of the filler in my life. All I needed was Him.

God is waiting to be in fellowship with us. He prunes our lives each time we come to Him asking Him to take away our sins and for His forgiveness.

Dear Lord please take away some of the busy things in my life so that I can be in Your word daily. To sit and talk to you, to praise You for all You do in my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment