Wednesday, August 25, 2010

FRUSTRATION

Isaiah 14:27 NAS
For the Lord of hosts has planned, and who can frustrate it? And as for His stretched-out hand, who can turn it back?

Frustration roars its ugly head at least once in my day and maybe yours too. On a certain day I oversleep and then I'm in a rush to get out the door, so I quickly pour water in the coffee maker and it leaks all over the counter. After cleaning up the mess I glance at my watch and see I'm going to be late for my dental appointment. On the way to the office traffic is a mess. Cars cutting me off and I'm slamming on the brakes.

Sound familiar? Maybe this is another scenario in your life. You're trying to get the monthly report out and the phone keeps ringing. The person on the other end of the line is asking some very unimportant questions, that is, in your opinion. The printer is out of paper, then the paper jams while you are trying to get it all put together for the boss.

I could go on and on but you know what I'm talking about. Sometimes it's the little things in our lives that frustrate us. As we get older our eyesight is not what it used to be. We have to wear our glasses just to do the smallest task of threading a needle. Our hands won't grasp a lid as well as they used to and we can't open a jar without help.

There are many things in our lives that can frazzle us, to make us fee like we are no longer in control of a situation, but have you wondered how our Lord feels when we frustrate him? He gives us free will to make choices, some of these choices are not where He wants us to be, but He lets us do it. I know He must be disappointed but He is always there when we finally come to the realization that He was right all along. He is waiting for us to turn to Him when all else fails, we ask for His forgiveness, and let Him guide our lives. He never fails.

Heavenly Father I thank you for always being there for me. For giving me my free will to find out I can't do anything without You. Thank you Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment