Tuesday, February 21, 2012

WILL YOU CRY FOR ME

Psalm 130:1-2
Out of the depths I have cried to Thee, O Lord. Lord, hear my voice! Let Thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. (NAS)

My feelings were rubbed a bit this last week end. Some of my children and grandchildren cried uncontrollably for a step mother, step grandmother, when they heard she had a mini stroke. I do not wish a stroke, even if it is a mini, nor do I wish anyone to have a heart attack. But, I did ask myself. "Will they cry for me?"

Like any human being feelings can get hurt, even if done so without thought. I am no different. But am I? I kept thinking I was the one that went through nine months carrying you, labor pains, watching you grown into adulthood, getting married, having your own children, and when you became a grandparent. There were good times and bad times.

We grew apart. Maybe it was the miles. I chastized myself for feeling like this. Who was I to feel like I mattered more. We are all God's children and we, each one of us, matter to Him. Whether we are saved or not, God loves us. He gives us all the same opportunity to ask His forgiveness for our sins and accept Jesus Christ into our lives. For Jesus to live within us. To share His love with others and let others see Jesus through us. I fell short of that.

Back to my question. "Will you cry for me?" Who cried for Christ when He was crucified on the cross? Did they cry for themselves or did they cry for Him? He fulfilled His destiny and bore the sins of the world as He hung on the cross. Are we going to let Him do that for nothing? God our Father, asks only one thing from each of us. To confess our sins, accept Christ into our hearts, and go tell others of His never ending love.

Dear Heavenly Father thank you for Jesus who died for my sins. I am not worthy. Thank you in knowing I will live for eternity with You in my heavenly home. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment