Friday, March 2, 2012

DESTINY

Isaiah 25:1 (NAS)
O Lord, Thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will give thanks to Thy name; for Thou hast worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfullness.

This morning as I was puttering around doing the usual, washing dishes, brushing my teeth, and so on, my mind wandered. Of course my mind wanders a lot but this morning I started thinking about my destiny. Where am I going? What does God want of me? I know what I want to do, or at least I think I know. But my God has plans.

Jonah, Moses, David, Ruth, great men and women of the Bible all asked God "Why me? I am nobody."

In the King and I, Debra Kerr travels to Siam and becomes a teacher to the King's children, and ends up changing the destiny of thoses around her.

Inn Of The Sixth Happiness, Ingred Bergman went to China and helped people, and in the process used active compassion to overcome cultural and racial taboos.

In the Dead Poet's Society a teacher inspired his students to make their lives extradordinary by creating their own destiny as they struggled with the coming of age obstacles.

God uses the ordinary person to make a difference in another person's life. You may not touch a thousand lives like Billy Graham but He can and will use you to lead a person to Christ. You may not see the fruitation but you can plant the seed.

I know that in my own life, when I feel that tug on my heart, my head, my inner being, I know that it is God speaking to me. He does not want me to run from Him but to run to Him. To let Him fill my small self with His courage to be able to go forth for Him. Greet the stranger, put my arm around someone that is hurting, cry with a friend, or just sit quietly and listen to someone who wants to talk.

So I sit here and ponder my destiny. Will He inspire me to write devotionals to touch lives, pen the greatest novel to show others their pathway to God, or will I be the one in the shadows working hard, putting words on paper, but always helping others with their work. Whatever He wants me to do I am His.

Dear Father thank you for loving me enough to show me what You want me to do. I cannot do enough for You. Lead me and guide me throughout my days, however long they may be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment