Monday, February 13, 2012

MONEY

Matthew 6:24 NIV
You cannot serve both God and Money.

I saw the movie Mamma Mia probably ten times and I cannot get the one song, although there were a lot of good songs, out of my mind. You know the one I mean, Money, Money, Money, ain't it funny. Yes, that's it.

Movies show how people will lay out plans to hold up banks and higher institutions. Also you see in the news the breakins into a person's home to holding up the people working in fast food restaurants. All for getting money the easy way. Or at least they think it's easy.

God says you cannot serve Him and money. You must love either Him and live eternaly or love money and live forever in the pit of fire.

Psalm 34:11 says "Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord. Then verse 19 says "A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all."

Whatever trouble you maybe going through, homeless, no money, or maybe you are suffering from an addiction be it either alchol or drugs. If you only turn to Him who created you and talk to Him. Talk to Him like you would to another person. He is not unapproachable. He is there waiting for you. Ask for His forgiveness and confess your sins. Know that He gave His one and only Son, Christ Jesus, to died on the cross for you. Ask Jesus to reside in your heart and help you through each day. He is waiting.

Dear Father I praise You for who You are and for sending Your Son to die for my sins. Forgive me for all my transgressions. Thank you for all You do and what You will do in my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment