Monday, August 1, 2011

CAN WE TALK

I Corinthians 7:5 (NAS)
Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again lest Satan tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

There are days when I feel the need to coin the phrase by Joan Rivers. Can we talk? I have to make myself take the time to sit down and have a heart to heart with God. The busyness of the day grips me and it is evening before I realize I didn't take time to commune with my Lord.

Like most of us I go throughout the day and talk with God. You know what I'm talking about. "Lord don't let that driver pull out in front of me." Or "Lord give me one more minute to finish this and I'll sit down with You."

He wants His time with us. Our complete self, not just a passing moment to say our prayers, which I might add become automatic sometimes. Again you know what I'm talking about. Lead me through this day, watch over my children, guide my husband in his decisions, and oh yes Lord, we need rain. Amen.

No, God wants us to take TIME for Him. Open our Bible, let Him lead us to the scripture He has for us for that day. Sit and chat openly with Him. He wants to hear how we feel, what we are going through. He already knows but He wants to hear it from us. Talk to Him like you would your closest friend. Your hurts are important to Him. We are His children. Do you not love your own children and want the best for them? God is your Father and He wants what is best for you.

Yes, we discipline our children, and God is not different. When He disciplines us it is to bring us closer to Him. Our God is a loving Father who wants to have time with our complete self.

Matthew 21:22 says "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive."

This doesn't mean you need to ask to win the lottery. What it does mean is that God wants us to live a full and abundant life, and above all take time for Him.

Dear Heavenly Father thank you for Your love and always being there for me. Forgive me for not taking time to be with You. I need You in my life as I cannot do anything without You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment