Thursday, August 11, 2011

TREASURES

Malachi 3:17 (NAS)
And they will be Mine, says the Lord of hosts, on the day that I prepare My own possession and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.

My family has watched National Treasure about six times now. Each time we get just as excited as the first time when they find the buried treasure.

Then there are the pirate movies searching for ships to plunder and send to the bottom of the ocean. Everyone is searching for treasure to make them wealthy.

I have certain things my mother and grandmother gave me long ago I consider my treasures. They are precious to me because they were given by loved ones.

God says we are His treasures. He made us, knows us inside out, and loves us unconditionally. He longs for quiet fellowship with us. He wants to hear what is troubling us, our longings, and fears. Just like your earthly father God desires companionship with you.

Our earthly treasures are trivial but God's treasures are precious. We are valued and costly in God sight.

Dear Heavenly Father thank you for letting me be Your treasure. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment