Friday, August 5, 2011

PLEASURES

James 4:3 (NAS)
You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.

"Please God just this once. I really need this need now. I won't ask again." How many times have we voiced this prayer? We meant it at the time. We forget and then when the situation arises again we find ourselves asking God again, and again. Somehow the cycle doesn't stop.

I am just as guilty as anyone else. I back myself into a corner and when I find no way out I'm asking God for help. He has helped me but somehow I don't learn and too quickly I'm in the same corner again, asking for help. Will I ever learn?

Our God is always there but at some time or other He wants us to learn from our mistakes. We want our children to learn from their mistakes by telling them over and over to learn from your mistakes. But are we learning from ours? Sometimes I don't think I am.

God wants us to have an abundant life. A life with Him. In communion with Him. He gives us so much and like greedy children we ask for more and more. Our children are spoiled and expect us to keep giving and giving. We too are like that with our Heavenly Father.

He wants us to learn from our mishandling of time, money, friendships, and the list goes on. He is always there waiting for us to confess our sins and ask Him for help in overcoming. All we have to do is ask.

Dear Heavenly Father please forgive me for thinking I can handle my everyday life by myself. I cannot. I can do nothing without You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment