Thursday, May 12, 2011

GREAT LIFE

Colossians 3:4
When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. (NIV)

Not too long ago, while talking to my eight year old grandson, he told me they were going to have a play day at school. They were going to have water splash, eat pizza, have a roller coaster, just everything grandma.

I said "You're going to be out of school pretty soon, I guess this is the end of year party?"

His reply was, "Oh yes, grandma, then I'm going to the pool, Sea World, Six Flags, Schliterbahn, and then I'm going to Disney World at Christmas."

I couldn't help but chuckle. "You're going to have a busy summer."

"Yes grandma, I have a great life!"

How many times have we told ourselves we have a great life? We think about all our possessions, how much money is in our bank account, and the vacations we take. We are the spoiled children of God. We have a good life. Most of us have good health, loving spouses, a roof over our heads, money to pay our bills, and we have friends that are there to lift us up in prayer when we are down.

But how many think about our lives, really think about the lives that God gave us? He gave us life to follow Him. To share His word, and stand in glory with Him. Lead others to His wonderous love, everlasting life, mercy, and grace. God's grace. He loved us so much that He gave His only son to die for our lives. How much more can we do for Him. Spread the word. His word.

Dear Father in Heaven thank you for giving Your son for my sins and my life. I will forever be in Your debt. I will never be able to do enough for You. Thank you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment