Wednesday, May 11, 2011

BIBLE SCHOOL

Deuteronomy 31:12
Assemble the people, the men and the women and children and the alien who is in your town, in order that they may hear and learn and fear the Lord your God, and be careful to observe all the words of this law.

Recently I spotted a church sign that said we are never through with Bible school. I thought about that for only a moment and had to agree with the sign. We are never through with Bible school, Sunday school, VBS, or dicipleship training.

When I was young I went to Sunday school and learned about Jonah and the whale, how Jesus fed many people, Jesus healing the sick, and the story of Noah and the big flood. The older I got the more in depth the stories were.

Now that I'm an adult I have found that there is more to the story. Not only did Noah and his family survive the flood, but he did so because he loved God and obeyed Him. God showed Noah His love for being righteous.

Jonah tried to run from God. After being thrown into the sea, swallowed by a whale, and finally praying to God to save him, he experienced God's love and saving grace.

When Jesus fed the five thousand a young boy gladly gave Him his lunch. He wasn't sure what Jesus could do with just five loaves of bread and two fish but he willingly gave it to Jesus. A miracle was performed that day by feeding everyone until they were full and the left over food filled twelve baskets.

God still performs miracles today. All one has to have is faith, faith and pray. Pray believing that your prayer will be answered. My God is a loving God who wants what is best for His children. We, you and I, are God's children. How blessed we are.

Dear Father in Heaven thank you for calling me Your child. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment