Thursday, November 4, 2010

WINGS OF EAGLES

Isaiah 10:31 NAS
Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weary.

Just writing those verses gives me something to eagerly look forward to. To fly like an eagle, soar above the ground, high as the clouds in the sky. I'll be able to run, something I've never been able to do very well. And I will never get tired. I feel like a lady in waiting!

The Native Americans revere the eagle. His majestic wings spread as he soars high above the mountains and plains in search of prey.

How much more honored are we when our Father lifts us up on the wings of an eagle. He wants to give us good days, health, wisdom, and love. Because He first loved us before we were even created, when we were in our mother's womb, He loved us. He wants to give us His all. All we have to do is ask. Ask Him to live within us, ask Him for help when we see no way out of our despair, ask Him.

Psalm 103:5 Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle.

Dear Father I love you. Forgive me when I fail You. Lead and guide me to do Your will and not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment