Wednesday, November 17, 2010

PROMISES

II Peter 1:4
For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, in order that by them you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

When our children were small they'd ask to do something, or want to go somewhere, and I'd say later. They would be persistent until I'd said okay, then they'd add. "Promise." Without thinking, I'd say yes. Sound familiar?

Most of the time I knew I couldn't, or wouldn't, keep that promise and when I didn't my children cried. They were broken hearted. They began distrusting me because I didn't keep my promises.

Throughout the Bible God has made promises to us. He promised a Messiah who would deliver us from our sins. He sent Jesus who was crucified and died for each one of us.

God made a promised to Abraham and Abraham waited patiently for God to fulfill it. In Hebrews 6:13-14 it says "For when God made the promise to Abraham, since He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, saying, 'I WILL SURELY BLESS YOU, AND I WILL SURELY MULTIPLY YOU'." And God did bless Abraham.

Hebrews 7:22 says So much the more also Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

Verse after verse tells us God keeps His promises. Praise the Lord. There is no greater promise made to us than by grace through faith you are saved. I am going to spend eternity with My Lord and Savior.

Dear Lord thank you for Your promises, for life everlasting. Forgive me where I fail you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment