Friday, November 19, 2010

FORGIVENESS

Job 42:10 NAS
And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and the Lord increased all that Job had twofold.

I've hear this over and over. "I'll never forgive so and so for what they've done." I thought that myself at one time. I felt hard and bitter towards the other person. How could they have treated me like they did? I thought he loved me.

I was a Christian but had drifted away, living my own life, doing what I wanted to do. Caught up in the ways of the world. After my bitter divorce I sought refuge in my church again. I started going to church services and Sunday school. Learning all over again what God says about forgiving others.

I had sins in my life that I needed forgiveness for. How could I forgive someone else if I still had sin in my life? I finally let go and asked God for forgiveness, to take the bitterness from my heart, and let me forgive my ex-husband. I felt like the weight of the world had been taken off my shoulders.

Now when I hear my children or a friend say they could never forgive someone, I'm the first to to say I had to ask forgiveness first before I could forgive.

Dear Father thank you for forgiving me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment