Friday, November 19, 2010

COURAGE

Psalm 138:3 NAS
On the day I called Thou didst answer me; Thou didst make me bold with strength in my soul.

All my life I've tried to avoid conflict. I don't like arguing, and most especially I do not like to fight. I just don't understand why some people like to provoke others into physical altercations. I remember asking my mother when I was young. "Why do people have to be so mean to each other?"

Her answer was always the same. "I don't know."

Too many times I backed down from confronting someone because of a wrong doing. I just knew that person would want to belittle me with words or even physically. I was afraid. Belittling a person with stinging words can be just as harsh as physically attacking you. Broken bones will heal but harsh words can never be retracted and will sting forever.

Our military troops show great courage. They are ready to give their life for others. So you and I can live in a free country, to worship in the church of our choice, go to the schools we select, or vote for the person we feel will lead our great nation. These men and women have courage beyond our understanding.

John 16:33 tells us "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." Jesus is telling us through Him you can have courage. All you have to do is ask Him to be with you in tough times, when you are being harassed, when you feel persecuted, or feeling anxiety. He will fill you with His presence and give you peace.

Dear Heavenly Father I pray each day You lead and guide me through all my trials. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment