Wednesday, February 23, 2011

TWINKLING CANDLE

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NAS)
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

As a child in Sunday school I would sing this little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. I wasn't totally sure of what I was singing about except when I put my finger up to my face it represented a candle, and I would always let it shine. I wouldn't blow it out.

I read an article that had a quote from Billy Graham telling everyone that we are holding a light and though it may seem a twinkling candle, it is our business to let it shine. Don't let that candle go out.

God's Word, the Bible, is the light. Like a lighthouse, it's beacon warns you there are rocks ahead, so beware. Steer another course. The Bible is our guide when trouble arises God shows us the path we should take. His beacon is steering us in His direction. The truth, the light, the way to ever lasting life. Eternal life.

God's Word tells me I am to hold my candle, the Bible, in my hands and share it with the world. I will tell others what God has done for me. The many blessings He has given me and gives me each day. I'm not saying life is all rosy, that I don't have problems just like everyone else, but with problems I have God, who will be by my side through it all. Praise God.

Dear Father in Heaven thank you for being with me through everything. From my rising up to my laying down each day, thank you for holding me in the palm of Your Hands. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Very good article, Sandy. I like the way you worked the lighthouse into your piece. Al

    ReplyDelete