Wednesday, February 2, 2011

GOD'S CANVAS

Psalm: 50:2 NAS
Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God has shone forth.

About thirty years ago I felt compelled to take up oil painting. The opportunity arose to where the lessons were within my budget so I jumped at the chance to study under an English lady that was diagnosed as blind. She was my mentor as she carefully guided my hands to paint what my eyes saw. Not what I thought other people saw. Trees are many different colors, not just green and brown. There is taupe, umber, beige for the tree and forest green, hunter green, and moss green for the leaves. Then there's the sea holding colors of cerulean, Prussian, and cobalt blue. These are only a few of the colors on an artist's pallet.

When I sat down to paint I'd let myself relax and then dip my paint brush in the paint then make my first stroke against the canvas. Then another stroke, and another. Mixing my paints to get just that right color until I finally had trees, mountains, and flowers. When I look around me I am amazed at the colors God has used to color His world. The world He gave me to live and worship Him in. The colors I used on canvas doesn't even measure up to what He has done.

With one stroke he colored the mighty,jagged tops of the Grand Tetons to the lush green Alleghaney's. His mighty rivers from the muddy Mississippi to the deep blue of the Columbia. Every delicate flower that dots the forest's floor to the barren deserts, the Lilly of the Valley to the majestic Saquaro cactus.

My God is awesome. He has done all this and yet He is gentle but firm to His creation of you and me. He loves me for who I am. I am His.

Dear Heavenly Father thank you for the beautiful world that You gave me to live in. I pray that others see what You have done and will praise You for it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment