Wednesday, February 16, 2011

GO AND TELL

Psalm 118:17 (NAS)
I shall not die, but live, and tell of the works of the Lord.

I grew up going to Sunday school. Whatever church bus came by the house was the one that my mother put me on along with my brothers and sisters. When we got older I was allowed to make my own choices, which meant I went to church with my friends. Some Sundays I went to the Baptist church that was close by the house. Then other Sundays, when I got up early enough I walked the two miles and went to church at the Methodist church with my closest girlfriend. Did I really listen to what the pastor said or what his message said to me. I did not. It was my time to be with friends.

As I got older, married, and my children came along I did the same thing as my mother. Only I took my children to Sunday school and picked them up. I did not go. Sometimes I would go to church, but then again I didn't listen to the message. Really listen. It was a feel good time for me. By that, I mean, I felt good when I left the church.

Not until my later years did I start going to Sunday school. I listened as the teacher took the lesson apart and gave meaning to the Bible. To what God's message was to me. It seemed each lesson was directed to my life. What I was going through at that particular time.

I looked forward to learning more about God's Word. Taking each verse, disecting, reading more, and taking more classes with ladies Bible study. I learned not only am I supposed to study God's Word but I'm supposed to tell others about His love and mercy.

I had heard the words The Great Commission but I did not understand. This is God's commission for all of us. To tell others. Give the gift of a Bible to people who don't own one. Explain what God has done, that he sent His only son to die on the cross for all of our sins. All you have to do is confess your sins and accept Jesus into your heart. So easy. By grace I am God's daughter.

Dear Father thank you for Your grace, love, and mercy. Thank you for loving me so much that you gave Your son to die for my sins. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment