Wednesday, March 9, 2011

HARD-PRESSED

Phillippians 1:23 NAS
But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better.

Perhaps you've heard someone say that they are hard-pressed over a situation in their life. Maybe they've lost their job and they are in distress wondering where their next dollar is going to come from. How are they going to keep a roof over the family's head and food on the table?

We hear it more and more every day about the job situation, wars and rumors of wars all over the world. No wonder people are hard-pressed with depressing news coming at them from all angles.

Then there is the unsettling weather that is hitting all over our world. Earthquakes, floods, fires, and tornados in states that have had very few of them.
Pictures on the front page of the newspaper shows the devastation after a hurricane hits the shores of the coast.

Each of us live with this news and the pictures every day, but have you thought of your eternal life. This life is only fleeting. Our eternal life is forever. Like the scripture says I am also hard-pressed from both directions. I, like everyone else, want to see my children grown, marry, and have children. I want to be part of their lives everyday and forever, but in truth I know I cannot. I will not live forever here on earth like I am now. I know I will be with my Lord and Savior when I do die and live with him forever, even coming back with Him to reign on earth. I look forward to this.

So you see my dilemma I am hard-pressed wanting to stay here but wanting to be with Jesus. In His timing I will be with Him, but for now I will enjoy my life here on earth praising Him every day for all He has given me and what I know I will have when I join Him. Praise God.

Dear Father in Heaven thank you for the many blessings you give me every day. Blessings that I get to share. Thank you Lord Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment