Thursday, January 27, 2011

MAPS AND GPS

Deuteronomy 2:3 NAS
You have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north.

My husband and I love to take short trips when we have the time, but our schedules are so busy this doesn't happen very often. Usually we have no problem getting to where we want to go. We take out our trusty map and figure out the best highway to and from our destination. Now that we finally have our GPS it is even easier to find our way around.

I often wondered where I would have gone with my life if not for God's direction. There was a time when I forged ahead and made my own way. Stumbling as I went without direction. My attitude was I can do this without anyone's help. I was, and still am, very independent. It is hard for me to ask for help and only do so when I become frustrated with whatever it is I'm trying to do.

How much easier life became when I finally stopped and asked God to help me with my problems. That's not to say I don't have problems, there will always be problems. That's just a part of life. But what I'm saying is that it has gotten easier to ask for help. When I've become exhausted with a situation I make myself sit down, open my Bible, and let God lead me to the verse He wants me to read. The verse that pertains to my conundrum.

When I've done this my whole body feels a peace that envelopes my total being. I am at ease knowing that God has heard my cries and He will prevail. My trust is in Him.

Dear Father take my life and guide it in all I do and say. May my words glorify You and my actions exalt You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment