Monday, July 11, 2011

REJOICE

1 Peter 4: 12
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you.

While dusting the top of my bookcase I ran across the pocket Bible I used to carry in my purse. For about four years I lived a turbulent life and sought refuge in the words my God gave me.

For fourteen years my children and I endured physical and mental abuse. When I decided I could not take it any longer I filed for divorce. I struggled because I knew God did not like divorce. I didn't want to go against Him. When I came to terms with leaving I knew in my heart it was the right decision. I felt at peace with what I was about to do.

After I filed the abuse got worse. That was the worst beating I had ever had. I cried out. "Why me? What did I do so wrong for all this to happen?" In my most darkest moment I opened God's Word. He lift and filled me with His strength and love.

Like the fishermen in open sea, I knew it was better to be in the storm with Christ than in smooth water without Him.

My little Bible is so dogeared and high lighted, but when I turn the pages it takes me back to that time in my life. The lowest time in my life I depended on God's Words to sustain me. I can still feel the warmth of His arms around me.

I will always need His Word to guide me throughout my days. I hunger for His arms to hold me and comfort me. I long to hear Him whisper His words of affection. Through my trials I am strengthened with God's never ending love.

Gracious Father thank you for Your Word and Your love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment