Monday, July 11, 2011

GIVE EAR TO MY WORDS

Psalm 5 (NAS)

I've been so busy doing for everyone, not taking time to talk, really talk and communicate with my Precious Lord God. While looking for that certain verse or chapter in the Bible this morning my fingers fell to Psalms. I like Psalms. It is praise and worship to God our Father. It is David's cry asking questions like we do.

Verse 1: Give ear to my words, O Lord, Consider my groaning. Yes Lord hear my words as I plead for Your forgiveness. For putting my life before You. I have been feeling rushed, can't get anything done, and always so tired. Telling myself I'll open my Bible later when I have time.

Verse 2: Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God. Lord I cry out in deep despair and ask You for Your help. Pull me up from this pit I feel like I'm standing in. I want to stand tall and proclaim Your Word.

Verse 3: In the morning, O Lord, Thou wilt hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to Thee and eagerly watch. Yes Lord I will bow before you and ask You to lead me throughout my day. To guide me in all I do and say. And I know that You will be with me in all of my challenges.

Verse 4: For Thou art not a God who take pleasure in wickendness; no evil dwells with Thee. Your Word tells me You are a loving Father and do not like to punish. But like any Father when I need a swat on the backside You are there to give it in a loving way. Like I told my children, "Just to get their attention." In the same way I need that swat to get my attention.

Verse 5: The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; thou dost hate all who do iniquity. I know I get pridefull sometimes and have to be reminded that I cannot do any thing without You. I need reminding You lead me, not me taking the lead.

Verse 6: Thou dost destroy those who speak falsehood; the Lord abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit. When those around me talk of others to make themselves look better I know God cringes. I feel uncomfortable and am reminded that God will punish that person. I need to pray for them.

Verse 7: But as for me, by Thine abundant lovingkindness I will enter Thy house, at Thy holy temple I will bow in reverence for Thee. I know I am a sinner but through Christ Jesus sacrifice I am saved. He did it for me. And He did it for everyone.

Verse 8: O Lord, Lead me in Thy righteousness because of my foes: make Thy way straight before me. May I never take my eyes off You and Your path for me.

Verse 9: There is nothing reliable in what they say; their inward part is destruction itself, their throat is an open grave, they flatter with their tongue. May I always rely on Your Word to keep me on the right path.

Verse 10: Hold them guilty, O God; by their own devices let them fall! In the multitude of their transgressions thrust them out. For they are rebellious against Thee. You are a just God. You and You alone let us make our own decisions. You give us more than one time to make our choice to follow You or go our own way.

Verse 11: But let all who take refuge in Thee be glad, let them ever sing for joy; and mayest Thou shelter them, that those who love Thy name may exult in Thee. We give praise and all honor to You our Heavenly Father. You rein from above. I lift my eyes to the heavens and praise Your Holy Name. Abba Father.

Verse 12: For it is Thou who dost bless the righteous man, O Lord. Thou dost surround him with favor as with a shield. You shower me with blessings every day of my life. I am rich and secure with Your love surrounding me. I am not worthy of all You have done for me.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father forgive me for letting my life get so full of everyday things. For not taking the time I need to be in complete and wholeheart communication with you. Thank you for Your love and guidance. In Jesus Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment