Tuesday, March 29, 2011

AM I READY

Luke 21:10-11 (NAS)
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences, and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.

I was sent an e-mail the other day asking me if I was ready for Jesus to return. They cited the current wars, earthquakes, tsunamis, famines, terrorists, floods, tornados, hurricanes, and the list goes on.

Jesus said these things would all happen before His return. But He also said that the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

What He is saying is that we are to be faithful and have patience. We are to pursue righteousness and gentleness. As He has said all along treat your neighbors as you would treat yourself, always. Keep the ten commandments every day. Pray and seek God's guidance for your life. Help those that hunger, hunger for food and for God's message.

Yes, there have been more and frequent earthquakes, more floods and hurricanes than in the past. These will continue and be more frequent. There will always be wars and rumors of wars. This has been since the beginning of time, and it will continue until man can learn to live together and love each other. And that will be when Christ returns.

So the question still remains. Am I ready? Do I keep God's Commandments? Do I seek His guidance and keep Him first and foremost in my daily life? Am I in His Word daily? Are you?

Dear Heavenly Father that you for Your promise to return and take Your children home to live with You forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment