Thursday, January 13, 2011

ACCOUNTABILITY

Ezekiel 18:20 (NAS)
The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.

This is a long verse but without all of it one does not get the true meaning. Each person is accountable for his own actions. What one does is entirely his own doing.

How many crime television programs have you watched that when the person was caught they professed it was not his or her fault. It was something his or her parents did or did not do for them that made them that way. The lawyers will argue this in their defence.

Newspapers reiterate the same problems. So and so was caught stealing or they beat someone up but it was because they missed something growing up. Throw the blame back on their parents for not bringing them up right.

Our Father in Heaven says we alone are accountable for our actions. We have a choice. My choice is to follow Him and let Him guide my life in all I do. To pray about everything seeking His guidance, His wisdom before I make a decision. He is always there waiting for me to reach out. In all His greatness, mercy, and love He shows me what I need and what I should be doing.

Dear Father please guide me in all things large and small. To You I give all the glory for my life. Guide my mouth to speak wisdom and truth. Guide my hands to reach out in love. Guide my feet to walk the straight path. To God be the glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment