Wednesday, August 15, 2012

God Is Just

Nehemiah Chapter 9: 29-31 NAS

Verse 29: God admonished them in order to turn them back to Thy law. Yet they acted arrogantly an did not listen to Thy commandments but sinned against Thine ordinances. They turned a stubborn shoulder and stiffened their neck, and would not listen.

When things weren't going their way they turned their backs on God and started worshiping idols. Reminds me of my childen. When they've been told no to something they go behind my back and do it any way. They know better than I do.

Verse 30: However, Thou didst bear with them for many years. Yet they would not give ear. Therefore Thou didst give them into the hand of the peoples of the lands. Although I do not like to have to punish my child for their wrong doing, I know that I need to because of their disobedience.

Verse 31: Nevertheless, in Thy great compassion Thou didst not make an end of them or forsake them. For Thou art a gracious and compassionate God. Because I love my child I will not forsake them for their wrong doing. Like my Heavenly Father, who loves me, I let my child know I do not like what they've done but I'll always love them.

Praise God for His love, because I know I have been a disobedient child at times in my life. I thought I knew what was best for me. How could I trust a God I could not see or feel? Life is the present and what I can touch and smell.

How wrong I was. After I confessed my sins and opened my heart to God, He has been present in my life. Its the peace I feel, the tugging on my heart when I see someone hurting. The wanting to help others who are less fortunate than myself. And I cannot out give my God. The more I give the more I receive.

Dear Father thank you for being my Father and present in my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment