Monday, August 20, 2012

A DAY HEMMED IN PRAYER

Matthew 21:22 And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.


I have a bad habit of leaving church bulletins in my Bible right along with those cute, little, laminated, 2" by 3" cards. The ones by the cash register in the Christian book stores. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones you can put in your pocket and pass on to a friend.

Well the other day while I was looking for verses to go along with my devotionals one of those cute little cards fell out of my Bible. It said "A day hemmed with prayer rarely unravels".

I started thinking back to another time in my life. Back when I thought just because I was a Christian I didn't need to say a prayer in the morning. Prayer at night was enough, after all I did thank God for giving me the day. What more could He want?

Fast forward to today living my Christian life. You see I accepted Jesus when I was sixteen but did not always live a life reflecting that. When in trouble I asked for help and God, who is a loving God, was always there to keep me safe and answer me.

I could go into detail but that's not the point. Now I start my day with prayer and end it in prayer. I praise God for allowing me to see another day. I thank Him at night for seeing me through the day He gave me. I have quiet time with Him in the morning when I read His Word. I talk to Him, not in words that are flowered, prim, and proper. That's not who I am. I talk to Him as if He is my daddy, and He is my daddy. My Heavenly daddy.

Most Gracious Abba Father thank you for listening to me when I am sad, when I am happy, and most of all thank you for being my Daddy. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment