Friday, January 20, 2012

HIS WORDS REVEALED

Matthew 13:35 NAS
I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.

I've read the Bible through in a year a long time ago but have felt the tugging on my heart lately to read it through again. Although it is still early in the year so many new things have opened my heart and eyes. I can't wait until I open my Bible each day.

As a child I would memorize the verses the Sunday school teachers gave the class. The teachers would then tell us the meaning. But when left on my own to read the scriptures I felt confused. I couldn't make sense of what Jesus was telling His disciples. They too, had to ask Jesus what he meant. How was I to understand if His disciples didn't understand. Satan was at work confusing me, so I would not continue to read His word, because in the end, I ended up closing my Bible and laying it to the side.

I've grown as a Christian and have learned to ask God to open my heart to the meaning of His word when I read. The evil one can no longer shield my eyes to the what the Lord is revealing to me.

Most Gracious Father thank you for giving me Your Word so that I may grow as a follower of Christ Jesus. Thank you for Your love, mercy, and grace for a sinner like me. Thank you for opening my eyes to the meaning You've given in Your word. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment